- At least 1 trusted advisor is pointing at Q2 earngings as a up-coming key indicator – https://seekingalpha.com/article/4083742-get-s-and-p-500-earnings-worries-forward-estimate-revisions-still-look-good
- Slow and persistent wins the race – https://seekingalpha.com/article/3176586-dividend-growth-investing-requires-perseverance
- Commentary: i had this problem like April rain this week … watched both TSCO and TJX continue to fall cutting my fingers with every $1 decline. Both are now cost basis negative by ~6%. TSCO will be discarded at 7% but TJX may be the persistency call. I also executed my typical buy-down contingency and am close to my position limits on both, but would overextend TXJ.
- Black Rock on bonds and credit … where is one to look for fair low risk yield? I have started to re-look at local Muni and investment coporate bonds within 7 years to maturity, but the yield is poor and the capital risk before maturity is high. https://www.blackrockblog.com/2017/05/19/bond-markets-reflation/ … a different Block Rock author threw in some ideas – the emerging markets also have my attention – https://www.blackrockblog.com/2017/05/12/opportunities-fixed-income/
- This is such corporate speak, but i will summarize and paraphrase: “the market valuations could be too high and are being maintained by the promise of continued S&P earnings growth … so watch to see if earnings growth slows” https://www.advisorperspectives.com/commentaries/2017/06/23/schwab-market-perspective-shifting-sentiment
- Templeton has an interesting take on non-US value opportunities, and i was thinking similiarly but focusing more on emerging markets (not Japan nor EU / UK). https://www.advisorperspectives.com/commentaries/2017/06/22/value-update-where-is-the-next-pocket-of-opportunity
- Here’s another view on same topic https://www.advisorperspectives.com/commentaries/2017/06/21/where-in-the-world-can-value-be-had-in-the-equity-markets
- While i bailed earlier on KR, is it time again to evaluate at this step function lower valuation? https://www.gurufocus.com/news/535435/the-world-might-be-ending-but-not-before-a-dividend-increase-and-a-1-billion-share-buyback
- I have not seen this type of analysis before, and not sure i agree, but interesting nonetheless – (maybe suggests that i hold my TSCO regardless as a bet on the heartland?) http://www.financialsamurai.com/focus-on-investment-trends-why-im-investing-in-the-heartland-of-america/
With all that to think about, the week ahead for me is cautiously looking for building floors on profits and potential losses, as well as further research into: a) emerging value, b) muni / <10 yr corp debt and c) building better alerts on news and press releases.