Plans and Clues is a blog about my experiences engaging the physical, digital and cultural world around us – basically, from a Kierkegaardian perspective, this is my subjective truth; yet, like all of us, I am an unreliable first person narrator. Most of the posts will either focus on climate / ecology, my camera outputs, and adventures.
Like most names, ‘Plans and Clues’ has a story behind it. This story starts within a massive corporate technology business and moves into my retirement – in both worlds I found that being curious works great!
Update January 2021
For the near term (estimate thru May), the focus of the time and posts will be on three areas: Plastic, Water and Electric Grid.
- Electric Grid: News, research, companies, actions, and organizations that are either making the world more or less safe from environmental, economical and social impact of the electrical grid – source to end use. Most focus will be on intelligent efficient grid for carbon 0 living.
- Plastic: News, research, companies, actions, and organizations that are either making the world more or less safe from the plastic disaster before us
- Water: News, research, companies, actions, and organizations that are either making the world more or less safe from the availability of clean water
Other posts categories like “camera” and “adventures” will be a bit less given the season; observations will reduce as eyeballs and time are focused on the three topics above
Within the corporate walls, data-rich clues were sought to create predictable execution plans. We even had an old saying that went something like this:
- Someone with a clue, but without a plan could appear genius-like
- Someone with a plan, but without a clue could be dangerous
- Someone with neither a plan nor a clue, hopelessly lost
- Someone with both a plan and a clue, very valuable (get things right things done right!) – hire them!
Now, from retirement looking back, that old saying no longer holds – now, I make plans to find more clues! … continued curiosity is key – engaging the world around us – plans and clues!
Unless stated otherwise, all media is covered by Creative Commons license per footer.